Home Sellers How Do You Find the Right Listing Agent?
Selling a home can be both an exciting and stressful experience. To help reduce stress and make the most out of your sale, our team at HomeHunt highly recommends hiring a listing agent. When selling a home, you want to receive the highest return on your investment and walk away feeling pleased with the outcome. A listing agent can ensure that you receive the best value for your house and make this process efficient and worry-free.
What is a Listing Agent?
A listing agent is a real estate professional who handles various tasks for homeowners looking to sell their home. These agents list your home, handle marketing, and reach out to potential buyers. They will research your neighborhood and give you a fair market price for your house. Listing agents are there with you during every step of the selling process and always have your best interest at the forefront of everything they do.
How to Find A Listing Agent
Here at HomeHunt, we know how important it is to find the right listing agent that matches with your expectations and desires. Our team can match you with an agent that has experience in your area and who knows the surrounding market. Of course, we need your help to determine who is right for you to work with. Here are some tips on how to decide on the perfect listing agent:
- Interview: Talk to at least three agents before committing to one. You want to find the right fit and make sure the agent you ultimately decide to work with is trustworthy and easy to connect with.
- Experience: While talking with agents, ask them about their experience in your neighborhood and the connections they have to other real estate professionals. Go to their websites and look at their current and previous listings to see if your home matches with the types of houses they have sold before.
- Ask questions: Prepare a few questions to ask listing agents to see if they have the right experience you are looking for. Questions may include:
- What are the comparable listings in my neighborhood?
- What do you think my home is worth?
- What is your commission rate?
- What would your marketing plan be for my home?
- Characteristics: You will be in a relationship with your listing agent for a few months, so it is important to choose one you can relate to. Some characteristics that sellers usually want in an agent include experience, education, honesty, networking, negotiation skills, and effective communication. If you feel as though an agent that you interview will not provide you with these skills, move on to the next.
Once you interviewed a few agents and found one you like, you will then sign a listing agreement in which you agree to work with the agent and pay their commission rate. Now you can relax and let the listing agent take control!
If you have decided to sell your home and need a listing agent, look no further than HomeHunt. Contact us today to get the selling process started!