Homeowner Tips, Home and Garden Fun Winter Break Activities for the Family
Winter break is approaching fast and frosty temperatures will keep the family indoors, but that doesn’t mean you need to suffer cabin fever. Here are some winter break activities to keep you and your family sane this holiday season!
Staycation Winter Break Activities
Home for the holidays? There are plenty of things you can do indoors to keep everyone busy.
- Have a movie marathon: Depending on the age of your children, a movie marathon with popcorn and blankets could be a perfect way to pass the time. Rewatch their favorites or introduce them to the classics.
- Play (board) games: Pull out the Scrabble, Yahtzee, and Monopoly games. If board games don’t cut it, try downloading a fun phone game, like HeadsUp or QuizUp, for some family trivia.
- Build a fort: Harness your inner child and don’t be afraid to get the living room messy. The more blankets, the better! Try dimming the lights and grab some flashlights for a comfy fort. Read holiday stories to your children or put on a seasonal movie.
- Have a spa day: Not only are spa days relaxing, but your skin will thank you after enduring those freezing temperatures. Face masks, cucumbers, lotion, and some soothing music make for a perfect spa day. The children will have fun and the adults will surely enjoy some relaxation.
- Scrapbooking: Everyone loves to scrapbook. Tap into your creative side this season and visit your local craft store for markers, stickers, patterned paper, and tape. Print out your favorite family photos and go crazy!
- Learn new recipes: Winter is the season for home-baked goods. Invite your children into the kitchen to learn about cooking and make some delicious desserts.
Get Out of the House
You don’t need to take a huge trip to have fun this winter season, but a few days on the town can help reduce cabin fever.
- Go bowling: Stay warm and have a trip to the bowling alley. Most bowling alleys have small arcades that the children will love.
- Sledding and tubing: If you live somewhere with heavy snowfall, try taking the children to a local park or even the backyard for a day of fun. Be sure to bundle up and wear thick clothes to stay warm.
- Go to the library: Most libraries have monthly book readings for children. Some even offer additional programs when school’s out. The entire family can also pick out books to read over winter break.
- Indoor mini-golf: Visit a putt-putt center for a fun day with healthy competition.
- Ice skating: The skating rink is a classic winter activity fun for the whole family. Go on a weekday to skip the weekend crowds.
- Visit a museum: A trip to the museum is fun, educational, and engaging for all ages.
- Build a snowman: Let the kids use their imagination and build their very own Frosty the Snowman.
Revamp Your Living Space
If you find yourself with extra time this holiday season, redecorate your living space. If you’re planning to put your home on the market come spring, then winter break is a great time to think about staging. To get the children involved, let them rearrange or help paint their room a new color!
As you can see, you don’t need to travel far to have a blast over winter break. Put weekly events on a calendar for you and your family to keep the children intrigued. For more tips on how to make the most out of your winter season, contact HomeHunt today!